lichess.org
Donate

Engine vs lots of analysys

Hello. If we would play correspondence game: stockfish vs group of people analysing the game alot. What would be result? I would bet for draw, but engine having good chances to win
Do we need a thibault for this? I do not think so.
Committees playing moves is the worst I can imagine. Either you make moves by votes and then you are doomed ( I have experience with vote chess - you can show on an analysis board clearly that a variation loses by force and it will still get voted! ), or if there is a leader of the committee who ultimately decides the move after the discussion, then this sole person plays the game.

There was a correspondence game Carlsen against the world vote chess where experts including Judit Polgar were suggesting options and then there was a vote on the move: the 'world' lost miserably.
Well we would need to choose a shotcaller who has to make final decision. But I think we could at least try.
we are skypying with soldier now and trying to beat stockfish together. You guys can join us
At ICC sometimes the best players (almost all FMs, IMs and GMs) did that. A Top Human Team can win all Top Engines, include Stockfish, Houdini or Komodo.

Sometime ago a team like that defeated the Stockfish 5 at a CC very long.

Of course, at corresponde game, a top human team has enough time to think about deeper strategy. As all know, Engines are all almost perfect at Tactical part, but GMs have a best strategy chess yet.

OBS: At CC, I think the top GMs can defeat the top engines at a CC with several months. Of course, a group composed with some Top GMs, could defeat a top engine at a CC modality.

@sakram, to that challenge against Stockfish, the participants can use of a chess assistant?

Of course, not a Komodo or Houdini, but any inferior Engines to help avoid some mistakes.
@tiger2war
I guess not. We could try making some real time (3 hours time control) games there you can though

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.