lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:dervish157"

7 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - I'm not getting any better#18

My biggest spurts of improvement came from learning new concepts from books/puzzles/videos and then trying to apply them in my games. At your ELO, I'd focus on learning very basic tactical concepts an…

dervish157
General Chess Discussion - Writing this under a timeout#16

I think in the specific situation that occurred in your game it is at least somewhat defensible to let your time run out thinking and not expect a penalty/timeout. However, I think this type of situat…

dervish157
General Chess Discussion - What rating to Play the King's Gambit? #7

I've played the King's Gambit as my main response to e5 for a while but primarily because I enjoy having one romantic opening left in my repertoire. However, I think for both learning chess and for pr…

dervish157
General Chess Discussion - King's gambit resurgence?#8

Not sure why there would be an increase in King's Gambit games other than Shaw's book starting to become more popular. Personally I play it for fun/romantic reasons but it's not considered a good open…

dervish157
General Chess Discussion - Can't play in tournaments?#23

I'm kind of glad to have seen enough of these forum posts to learn how completely shameless most dishonest people are. Good lesson for life. Sorry for being rude lol.

dervish157
General Chess Discussion - Attaining IM difficulty, can any titled players explain, please?#32

The most talented players in the world over the last 100 years working full-time at chess often with strong family/coaching support and youth can achieve this in around 3 years. If we make some stretc…

dervish157
Game analysis - I've lost faith in humanity#4

I don't see why he should be obligated to give you a takeback; it wasn't a mouseslip. If you decide to pre-move to gain time then you take the risk of him playing something you didn't anticipate and s…

dervish157