lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:monaco712"

36 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - Pet peeve/bad gamesmanship#1

I was having one of those games and was down 20 points in pieces and my opponent felt it was necessary get another queen. I was already dead in the water and he could have mated me at will. I believe …

monaco712
General Chess Discussion - Scholars mate#3

Well put. Thank you.

monaco712
General Chess Discussion - Scholars mate#1

I was told by another player that a Scholars mate is is a dirty chess trick. Is it? If another player is aware of it, it can easily be stopped. I'm not sure how any chess move or tatcic can be dirty.

monaco712
General Chess Discussion - Poor late game stratagy#3

Very clever

monaco712
General Chess Discussion - Poor late game stratagy#1

I am perplexed at a late game strategy used by many players which loses games for them Time will be ticking down and they will have a material and strategic advantage yet waste time going after meanin…

monaco712
General Chess Discussion - Fried Liver Attack#1

Many players use this attack in their opening. Any good player will spot it pretty quickly so I am not sure why it is used so much. Although players get caught off guard sometimes a little into the ga…

monaco712
General Chess Discussion - Take back ettiquette#1

I am very generous with take backs but the last request would have cost me my Queen and the game. The other player kept making the request then eventually resigned the game. Where do you draw the line?

monaco712
General Chess Discussion - Tactics question#3

Thank you Jim. Very helpful.

monaco712
General Chess Discussion - Tactics question#1

In many games a player brings his bishops down to pin the knights in an attempt to either swap pieces or disrupt you pawn alignment, Generally I can position a bishop to respond to avoid the pawns fro…

monaco712
General Chess Discussion - Posting a chess game on forum#1

How do I post a link to a game on this forum? I'm a little computer illiterate.

monaco712