lichess.org
Donate

Crazyhouse World Championship 2021 - Double Elimination Knockout Stage

Why is CWC so kind to unresponsive players? As far as I know, those matches should be scheduled by March 21 according to the schedule, it's already more than 10 days late. By normal rules (such as RKWC/AWC), those players should be simply forfeited without any more possible chances. Now it seems that they are given another chance without any punishments? For example, the player "B0N0B0" was unresponsive for the whole March, and can now get back into the tournament without any punishments? I don't think that's acceptable for his opponent.
@BotezGambit, thank you for your feedback. The preference is to see matches played. Multiple warnings are given to players with notice periods so that when forfeit decisions are made, they are usually fair. It would be unreasonable to raise a contest to a forfeit decision given that a generous number of opportunities have been provided.
That was just a rant because I personally hate those who don't obey the schedules. But I guess it's fine as long as everyone agrees with the rules XD
Round 1, Match 85: @JohnStuckey vs @qin_yixuan_eason22

During the course of the last month, @JohnStuckey has been responsive. Only recently @JohnStuckey indicated that @Qin_Yixuan_Eason22 had been in touch via private messages with the view of playing very shortly. By 4th April, could each player please submit 3 dates with times and the corresponding time zone within this forum when they are each able to play. This match will either need to be played by 11th April, or else some form of forfeit decision will apply based on compliance to the above request in this forum.
@Mitrabha @JannLee The only days I cant play are monday, tuesday and thursday. I can play anytime after 14 UTC wednesday, friday, saturday or sunday
Round 1, Match 106: @medved9112 vs @Jan2011

After one month of notice for this match, both players have been responsive but have not been able to agree to a time. By 4th April, could each player please submit 3 dates with times and the corresponding time zone within this forum when they are each able to play. This match will either need to be played by 11th April, or else some form of forfeit decision will apply based on compliance to the above request in this forum.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.